Frequently Asked Questions Pockit
Looking for an online bank account that not only helps you to save money but could also potentially help you to improve your credit? Why not consider applying for a Pockit Card.
We’ve put together what you need to know about all the offers that a Pockit account has to offer, such as costs, how the app and card works, as well as more.
What is Pockit?
Pockit is an online current account that works using a debit card attached to a smartphone app—specifically designed to be easy to use to help you track your spending and save money. With Pockit you can easily to top up your account and use your card in-store, online and make ATM withdrawals.
How does Pockit work?
Pockit is available to everyone over the age of 18 (additional cardholders must be at least 13 years of age). As the card is a prepaid card and not a credit card, there are no credit checks, making it a great option for those who have a poor or thin credit history.
To apply for your card in minutes, you will need to follow these steps;
- Step 1: Sign up via the app or online - you'll need to enter some personal details and provide a picture of your ID.
- Step 2: Once your identity has been confirmed and your account is authorised, you'll recieve your account number and sort code.
- Step 3: Once you've topped up using either a bank transfer or a PayPoint, you'll be ready to use your account straight away.
- Step 4: Your card will be sent to you within 2 working days of your application.
What features does a Pockit account offer?
The main features of having a Pockit account include;
Have multiple Cards:
With Pockit, you're able to have up to three extra cards on your account.
One card which shares the same balance as your main account, which will work similarly to a joint-account.
Or, a card with a separate balance from your main account, which is ideal for savings or family and friends accounts.
You can top up your account balance via bank transfers or using by using a PayPoint at over 28,000 PayPoint locations for added convenience.
With the app, you can quickly transfer money to people within the UK and abroad, transferring money to other members completely free of charge. With your account, you're able to send money while at home or abroad. Transfers will take up to 1 to 3 working days to be processed.
What are the benefits of Pockit?
There are many benefits associated with having a prepaid card such as Pockit, they include;
- Access to PockitLOQBOX: PockitLOQBOX is an excellent opportunity for you to build up your credit report. All you need to do is set yourself a saving target for the year ahead and make a payment each month. After 12 months, you are then able to unlock your savings, having improved your credit score.
- Get cashback: Pockit works with multiple brands to help get Pockit users up to 10% cash back in select restaurants and retailers. These high street brands include JD, M&S, Primark, Bella Italia, Pizza Express, New Look, Debenhams, and more.
How much does it cost to use a Pockit Card?
Here is how much a Pockit Card account will set you back;
Membership fee: £0.99 per month
Paying in money:
- Account No. & Sort Code: Free
- Pay in via bank transfer: Free
- Pay in Wages: Free
- Pay in cash at PayPoint: £0.99
- Pockit Accounts: Free
- UK Accounts: £0.99
- Other Countries: £0.99 (+exchange rate is 3.5% or less)
Make the most of your money:
- Pay with your card online & in stores: Free
- Cashback at Pockit Partners: Free
- Pay a bill with direct debit: £0.99
- Get cash out (in the UK): £0.99
- Get cash out (outside the UK): £0.99
- Foreign Exchange Fee: 4%
How much money can be transferred into a Pockit account?
Full Limit Account holders:
- Bank Transfer: Maximum single deposit of £1500.
- PayPoint: Maximum single deposit of £249.
Lower Limit Account holders:
- Bank Transfer: Maximum single deposit of £200.
- PayPoint: Maximum single deposit of £200.
Is Pockit safe?
Pockit is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. In addition to this, Pockit also offers safety features such as passcodes to protect your money and your account details and the ability to block your card in the event that it is lost or stolen.