Understanding Look After My Bills
Frequently Asked Questions Look After My Bills
Are your energy bills putting you out of pocket every month? Wondering how you can save money on your bills without all the hassle of using comparison sites and calling every supplier you know?
Why not consider taking the hassle out of switching bills with Look After My Bills, who will do all the hard work for you, to find you the best deal from a safe and reputable company.
What is Look After My Bills?
Look After My Bills is an auto-switching service that takes the hassle out of changing your energy provider to save you money on your bills. All you need to do is sign up for an account and provide the details of your current tariffs.
Look After My Bills will then check your current price to see whether they can find you a cheaper energy price and if a cheaper tariff is found, you will need to authorise the company to switch to the more affordable deal on your behalf.
Helping you to save at least £50 on your energy bill.
How does Look After My Bills work?
Look After My Bills uses an advanced algorithm to find you the cheapest deal on your gas and electricity bills by switching your energy provider. After your contract had expired, the algorithm will search again for the most competitive tariff to automatically switch you to companies who are cheaper.
The great thing about this service is that you don't have to do a thing, once you've authorised the company to make the switch they'll do all the hard work for you. Eliminating the need to shop around to get the best deal on price comparison sites.
The entire process works as so;
- Sign up: Sign up for a Look After My Bills account and fill out a short application form with your personal details and tariffs.
- Search and compare the market: the algorithm will then search and compare available deals and tariffs against multiple energy companies.
- Find your deal: You'll be notified when a cheaper deal has been found, once notified you will have 14 days to review the tariff and if there is no response from you, the deal will go ahead.
- Switching deals: Look After My Bills will then contact your current supplier and your new supplier to arrange the switch over runs smoothly. Switching energy suppliers usually takes around 21 days - however, this can vary.
- Deal ends: Once your tariff comes to an end, the process will automatically begin again. As the service runs on fixed one-year tariffs, your energy deal will be updated on an annual basis.
Overall, this saves you from overspending on your energy bills and ending up on a standard tariff that could cost you hundreds of pounds a year. It can put your mind at ease knowing that you're not overpaying for your electricity or gas bills.
Where have I seen this product before?
You may have seen Look After My Bills’ co-owners Will Hodson and Henry De Zoete on Dragons Den back in 2018, pitching their idea. They received an investment fro Peter Jones for £120,000 for 3% of their equity.
What are the benefits of Look After My Bills?
There are many benefits associated with switching your energy provider with Look After My Bills, they include;
- Completely hassle-free: Auto-switch means that the customer doesn't need to do anything. All your needs are covered, and there's no need to search comparison sites or contact new or old suppliers, everything is taken care of.
- Great deals: Look After My Bills always look for the best deals to save you as much money as possible. They'll only match you with trusted suppliers with excellent reputations and customer service.
- No overspending: With auto-switch, you won't risk ending up on an expensive tariff and spending too much on your bills.
- Refer a friend scheme: If you recommend a friend and they sign up, both you and your friend will be rewarded with £20 each.
- Customer Support: Look After My Bills provides good customer service support available 7 days a week.
How much does Look After My Bills cost?
Look After My Bills is completely free to use, they won't charge any fees for doing all the hard work of comparing your options for you. Instead, they receive a commission from switching you to a new supplier. That's how they're able to provide a quality service free of charge.
However, if you exit your tariff early before your contract expires, you may be liable to pay an exit fee with your current provider.
Look After My Bills is a free service as it receives a commission from the energy providers they work with, which is why it comes at no extra charge to the user.
Does Look After My Bills look at renewable energy suppliers?
Yes. Look After My Bills works with both renewable green energy and traditional energy suppliers. So this means if you want to pay for energy bills from renewable sources, that's not a problem.
What do you need to sign up for Look After My Bills?
To sign up for a Look After My Bills account, you will need to provide the following details;
- Your email address
- Your address information
- Your latest energy bill
- Direct debit details